Tuesday, November 18, 2014

UPCYCLE JEAN MAXI SKIRT with matching INFINITY SCARF

The famous blue jean maxi skirt has circled the fashion world again (it never really left).  Retailing from $250 to $300, I could not see myself paying that much for something that may be too big or too small next year.  So to Youtube I went to look for ideas.  While I was looking for ideas, my sewing group was busy reconstructing jeans to skirts as well.


After hours of watching YouTube and surfing Pinterest, here is my final result:  Upcycle Jean Maxi with Fabric/Jean Panels and Matching Infinity Scarf


Supplies Needed:
  • 2 pairs of jean (the older the better)
  • Thread
  • Jean needle
  • Scrapes of Fabric
  • Good pair of fabric shears


CONSTRUCTION REVIEW
GOOD:  Very easy to do. 

TIMING:  From start to finish, it will take about an hour

BAD:  I cut my finger really bad when trimming the excess jean fabric

ALTERATIONS:  Instead of making the garment all jean, I added a scrape fabric panel from the left over infinity scarf I made last year.

WILL MAKE AGAIN:  YES,  I have several other designs dancing in my head


FRONT OF SKIRT WITH FABRIC PANEL


BACK OF SKIRT WITH JEAN PANEL



** I've attached the link to Simplicty's Infinity Scarf pattern.  (I've made both styles for myself and friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment